RELISH ALLA CONTADINA
- 1 finely chopped red pepper
- 1 finely chopped yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 whole clove of garlic
- 150g of finely chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
- 100ml of Extra virgin olive oil
- 50g of sugar
- 100ml of vinegar
1) In a large bowl, mix the carrots, onions, peppers, parsley and salt.
2) Add the oil, salt, sugar, vinegar, breadcrumbs, the head of garlic and mix so that it becomes a homogeneous mixture.
3) Cover with a lid and leave it to marinate for at least half a day (for best results you can leave it to marinate for 2 or 3 days).
4) Remove the head of garlic and store the relish in jars by covering them with oil and hermetically closing the lids with a bain-marie cooking.